Saturday, February 23, 2019

Need to lose weight, morbidly obese, sabotage myself w BED

Hi everyone, I am in a situation where I feel overwhelmed and well... a lot of emotions, really.

I am 28 years old and I have always been morbidly obese. Always. Since I was a toddler I was out of the weight range that was considered normal and doctors were warning my family to do something. Then as a teen I was told I wouldn’t live to be 30 if I kept it up. Now I am an adult and my health issues are piling up... high blood pressure, high cholesterol, bad knees, PVD, it’s just bad

Over the years I’ve attempted diets, starting out every time with best intentions. Always failing with binges and overeating and emotional eating episodes. My therapist diagnosed me with generalized anxiety disorder, clinical depression, and binge eating disorder.

I was successful with weight loss only once, in my early 20s and lost about 90 pounds. Which wasn’t really enough, but I lost most of it in an unhealthy way and that was bad too.

I am currently 361.2 on a 5’8” frame, and I am a woman. I have binge eating episodes every single time I try to start restricting my diet.

I had people suggest intuitive eating and the book “Brain Over Binge” which I really enjoyed but had trouble relating to as my weight negatively impacts my size and the recommendation to not focus on weight loss is leaving me emotionally overwhelmed.

I really do just need advice on how to do this. I feel like I’m sick of failing over and over. It’s a sad and hopeless cycle to be in and I wasted my childhood, teen years, and 20s being obese.

submitted by /u/ofhope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tAAwi8

No comments:

Post a Comment