Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Shift work & my dramatic gain. Help!

So during 3 years of university and now 3 years into a full-time shift work position with very random back to back shifts, night shifts, and sporadic days off - my eating habits have gone to absolute shit. At my healthiest I was fully vegan and very conscious of what I ate. I have seen myself go from 70kg --> 85kg --> 105kg and recently my heaviest was +/- 135kg. At 70kg I had managed to lose 30kg during high school but only kept it off for around 18 months before the gain began.

That's insane to me, that I have almost doubled my lowest weight in 6 years. And what hurts the most is that my doctor suggested weight loss surgery, that he thinks it's gotten that bad. I'm distraught and feeling so bad about myself. I have loosely joined a gym and go at least once a week, at most 3 times a week. But i just never have the energy to cook healthy meals or prep anything for my long shifts. I have around 60kg to lose in order for me to feel healthy and more comfortable in my skin.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with massive weight gain and how did you lose the weight, change your habits for good + keep it off? I'm scared I could potentially keep gaining weight... I'm so scared.

submitted by /u/wandertrieb_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NudUZH

No comments:

Post a Comment