Thursday, February 28, 2019

New study proposes monitoring calorie intake takes fifteen minutes a day-and is the greatest indicator of successful weight loss

I follow research in obesity and weight loss and found an interesting study today.

Link to study!

It tracks pretty well with my own experience in that calorie counting seems pretty daunting at first (study participants initially spent around 25 minutes a day on it) but that it gets easier once you get the hang of it. At the end of the study, it appears the participants that lost the most weight tracked all their food and it took them about fifteen minutes a day.

I probably spend less than fifteen minutes on a daily basis, but I tend to eat the same foods throughout the week. I count calories every day and I still weigh and measure my food, even nearly four years into maintaining. I know it's not for everybody and that counting calories drives some people crazy so they don't want to do it. Or they cook a lot in an improvisational way and don't want to have to measure every little dash of whatever they put in their recipes. And that's fine!

I think if you're struggling to lose weight though and you don't know why your efforts aren't working, accurate tracking is your best tool to find out why. Even if you're not tracking forever, just a few weeks of it can help you get a better sense of what you're eating and what your portion sizes really are.

submitted by /u/thestoryshark
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2T8gA5a

No comments:

Post a Comment