Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Gradual & Sustainable

I'm one of those people who goes on a "diet" every few months (AKA feel depressed, decide I'm going to make a drastic change to loose 50 lbs in the next 3 months, eat only salad for 2 days, give up, and gain more weight). I eventually realized that if I'm going to change it needs to be two things: gradual and sustainable.

I started packing salads for lunch, I've given up the casual 1-2 beers each night, and I'm making an effort to go for at least a short walk every day. They're small changes, but I'm already seeing bigger results than I have in any other weight loss "technique" of mine. Today I stepped on the scale and am officially down 10lbs in under 2 months. I couldn't help but cry. I'm finally doing what I always said I'd do, but without constantly putting myself down or "punishing" myself for having a treat here and there.

Soon I plan on working up the courage to get a gym membership and start weight training. The gym still gives me mad anxiety, but I'm hoping over time I can conquer that fear. I'd love to hear the small but impactful changes you guys have made in your lives, tips and tricks are always welcome!!

submitted by /u/The-new-ERA
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VjiFbc

No comments:

Post a Comment