Thursday, February 28, 2019

I am backsliding a little and would love some advice.

26/F/5’8 SW: 199 CW: 179 GW: 145

I am starting backslide and would love some advice from people who’ve been through it.

First and foremost, what I have been doing on my weight loss journey is using my fitness pal to count calories and track macros. I’ve incorporated a healthy meal plan and allow myself probably average 1 out meal a week. I also have been going to the gym 4-5 times I week. I started on January 4th so I’m approaching 2 full months and I’m 20 pounds down.

My meal planning is excellent, I’ve encountered very little problems maintaining it and I love cooking so I’ve actually enjoyed coming up with meals to cook and new ideas.

My workouts on the other hand I’m really struggling to fit into my schedule in a way that works. My 4-5 times dwindled down to 3-4 which I was ok with. But last week I went 2. This week I’ve skipped again today and am looking at only 2 times again.

My schedule is a huge part of this issue. I work Sunday 9am - 6:30pm and Monday through Thursday 1pm - 9:30pm. I selected this schedule for 3 reasons: I make more hourly after 5pm, I am a night person, 9:30 is still early enough to go do something or to just go home, relax, and go to bed early. I’ve been working out after work which has worked great but it’s really starting to interfere with my social schedule. If I workout at 9:45, I’m not home until after 11 so I definitely can’t do anything with friends. This is an easy solution, workout before work. I’ve been on this schedule a long time and I am astounded how locked into my sleep schedule my brain is. I have set alarms to get up and go to the gym multiple times and my tried brain sleeps through it and gets up around it’s usual 10:30-11 no matter what time I went to bed. It’s like my subconscious knows I don’t HAVE to get up so I just don’t.

Has anyone else battled schedule/motivation issues, or had to overcome one particular thing to really maximize your time/workouts. And if so, please help me figure out how to do that!

submitted by /u/luckylua
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TjZFfn

No comments:

Post a Comment