Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Why do people always feel the need to inflict their 'advice' on you?

Specifically, people who are not dieting and have never dieted.

I'm 5kg down so far, and I've done it by eating less and moving more. No diet plans, no restrictions on types of food, just less food.

Still, whenever I mention my triumphs of weight loss, or even just the reason for declining the 10th mention of office biscuits, my colleagues, friends, even family start dishing out advice as if they're medical experts.

'"Oh, if you skip lunch your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to fat, you'll actually gain weight when you eat next time."... No, I won't.

"You don't have to eat less if you exercise because your body just burns it off straight away."... Ah, I'll just go back to my 3000+ calories a day then shall I?

"You don't need to cut out sugar, just use natural sugar instead"... What?!

Yet, when I, the one actually losing weight, try to tell people that it's simple maths, calories in vs. calories out, I get told I'm wrong?!

Sorry to rant, just wanted to get it off my chest.

How do you guys retaliate in these situations?

submitted by /u/Neverbethesky
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TjXPLt

No comments:

Post a Comment