Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Progress: How I’ve lost 202lbs (92kgs)

Firstly, progress pictures here https://imgur.com/a/zX9g8Nj

Backstory

I started trying to lose weight a few years ago after starting full time work. Honestly nothing I tried worked and it got me so depressed. I was the heaviest I had ever been at 198kg. I lost 14kgs but then it stalled and stayed there for a year or so.

Then I got serious as I was over being obese. I was over flying and taking up two seats. I was over having to shop at big men’s stores for work suits. The doctor told me the only way to lose weight was surgery. With the support of my wife I really wanted to prove him wrong.

Then came January 8th 2018. I was 183.8kg. My wife and I had been trying for a baby for several years and nothing worked. We were going through ivf and I wanted to give it the best shot I could. Also, if it did work I wanted to be the best father I could be and outgoing. I started tracking my calories every day religiously. I initially started out on 1200 calories a day which looking back was too low. I was also walking 5km a day. I lost weight quickly. After i lost 30kgs I started running and weights training. The weight loss slowed and I had my ups and downs. I would plateau for a week but then lose 3 kgs the next week.

I also started intermittent fasting in May and that has been amazing. I love being able to have a big lunch and dinner. Currently I am at 106kg and starting to put on some muscle. I currently eat 2700 calories as I run and weightlift 5 times a week.

Honestly this Weight loss has been the hardest and easiest thing I have ever done. The amount of anxiety I endured losing all the weight and stressing whenever I put on water weight or went over my calories was crazy. It does get better and now I maintain my weight and feel good.

Also, if anyone was wondering the IVF worked and I am now the proud dad to a 2 and a half month old son. It is the best thing besides the weight loss that has happened to me. I love also having all the extra energy from losing the weight.

submitted by /u/Jellison36
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GOi7Hb

No comments:

Post a Comment