Thursday, February 28, 2019

My journey so far and the Lessons I've Learned

Hey everyone! New member of the r/loseit community here. Just wanted to share a bit of what I've worked on over the last four months with regards to (what else) fitness and weight loss.

First, a little backstory. In high school, I was a two sport athlete on the swim team and water polo teams at my school and I probably weighed around 210 at my lightest weight sophomore year. At that time I was probably around 6'1". Fast forward to November of last year. I had basically no training plan and was in a definite rut- I'd just graduated college but hadn't found a job after a few months of searching and turned to food to fill the lack of daily interaction with people. I'd skip breakfast, eat a big lunch of a large sandwich and pretzels, eat a large dinner of ground beef/tacos/burritos, and go out for a fourth meal at Taco Bell around midnight, where I'd eat another ~1200 calories.

I got on the scale one morning and it read 264.

I looked at recent photos of myself and noticed that my chest was starting to become more and more visible. I shouted "Enough is enough!" in the mirror and decided to meet with a dietician. We came up with a calorie plan and I promised myself I'd be more active. I started out at 2600 calories a day and over the weeks slowly decreased my calorie intake to 2200, 2000, and 1800. I'm proud to say that with 30-45 minutes of brisk walking 3 times a week and a big change in my diet (Cut way down on sugars, stopped eating after 8:30 pm, drinking around 40 oz more water/day), I've lost about 20 pounds since November. I'm nearing the 230's weight range that I was in during college. I'll be the first to say that sometimes I slip up and have cheat meals but I just log it in MyFitnessPal and move on to the next day. I've made a lot of good progress and there's still a lot of work to be done, but I'm confident about the future and know that I'm not just dieting- I'm making a lifestyle change.

For all my tall fellas out there packing on some extra weight, you got this!

Thanks for reading and good luck on your journey! Go get it!

submitted by /u/theflash1011
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EG3fII

No comments:

Post a Comment