Monday, February 25, 2019

If You Have Health Insurance, Check Your Plan!

So I just started my weight loss journey (4 weeks in, 10 lbs down), but I just got reminded of this and thought I should share:

When I was contemplating joining a gym a month ago, I remembered that I saw somewhere before that health insurance will sometimes pay for a gym membership. So I checked my plan (Ambetter), and while they didn't offer gym membership, they offered $25 for every 10 gym visits up to $75 (also $25 for every so many hours of fitness activity tracked up to $75, but it didn't stack with the gym visits). It's not a huge amount, but it was enough to push me to finally join a gym. They also offer $50 for taking a health survey, $50 for an annual wellness checkup, and $25 for a flu shot.

So check your health insurance plan! There might be some free money for something you're already doing!

submitted by /u/TheRealMattyPanda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ILg0FY

No comments:

Post a Comment