Friday, February 22, 2019

I need to brag / gush, but I feel like a douche doing it in real life.

This was SUCH A GOOD WEEK for me. I ate well and kicked ass in my workouts and in general I feel on top of the world, which was not the case even a matter of a few weeks ago when I felt bloated and gross and awful. I’ve been hitting a few classes at the gym hard since the beginning of the year. My goal for 2019 was to transition from running (I ran 1200 miles last year!) to incorporating more strength and cross training.

I do kickboxing on Monday, muscle class on Wednesday, and Piloxing on Thursdays. Last week, my muscle instructor said I have “massive powerful legs,” and this week he came up to me again and asked if I’d done sports when I was younger. I told him no, I was always very overweight and never did sports. He reiterated that my legs are insanely muscular and asked how I got them in their current condition. I just started laughing because it made me feel SO AWESOME. I am proud of my legs, I’ve done years of work to get them this way, and it meant a lot to be called out about them.

THEN! Yesterday, we had a substitute teacher for Piloxing. (For those that haven’t heard of it, which I’m sure is MOST people, it’s a combination of pilates / dancing / boxing with strength training incorporated. It's a friggin' blast.) After class, she came up to me and asked for my name and said that I am “so buff and toned.” WHAT?!

I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING. I have been working on my weight loss for so many years and pushing myself so hard to get stronger and leaner and I’ve been having such an awesome time challenging myself in these classes. I can’t believe that these individuals that do physical training FOR THEIR JOB are going out of their way to approach me and compliment my body.

It really pushes me to want to continue challenging myself. I am so glad that I forced myself to go out of my comfort zone and start attending group classes. I haven’t felt this good about myself physically, ever. All the blood, sweat, and tears DO pay off.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY BRAGS! <3

submitted by /u/rizaroni
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IwfI5C

No comments:

Post a Comment