Thursday, February 28, 2019

Knowing Your Why/Maintaining Focus on the Goal

I am 5'4.5", 163 lbs. I'm aiming to lose approximately 18 pounds by October 18. I'm using MFP currently to track my calories and am aiming to stay between 1400-500 calories with light exercise a few days a week.

I know my why - feel more confident, be able to fit in my old jeans, and most importantly, prevent hereditary health issues. I go to therapy on a semi-regular basis and am currently in a much better place mentally than I was a year ago. Aside from some current stressors, I'm feeling okay.

We had a discussion about weight loss, my therapist and I, and he stated that if I am not willing to track my calories, I probably don't want this weight loss enough. I DO, though, but it is so hard to stay consistent with accurate tracking...Or is he right and am I in denial?

I know that motivation fades. Right now I am motivated, but a week from now i won't be. As I said, I know my why. Is that enough for me to stick to my goal?

submitted by /u/orange_traffic_cone
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EoNTXI

No comments:

Post a Comment