Friday, February 22, 2019

Huge reduction in resting heart rate, and I'm not a bottomless pit anymore. Halfway to goal, progress pics included!

First off, holy shitballs, I can't believe how well CICO is working for me. I keep thinking it's not real. I'm still eating over 1700 calories/day, that can't possibly be a 1000cal/day deficit...but it must be, because I'm consistently losing about 2 lbs/week. My weight loss has been oddly linear and predictable, I've never had a gain week over week. AND I eat back my exercise calories, which everyone says not to do. 52 pounds down in 21 weeks (started Oct. 1, 2018 at 295lbs, 5'9", 33/F).

Pics or it didn't happen: https://imgur.com/a/iZ7hnse

Resting heart rate improvement is a big NSV for me. Mine used to be quite high, usually around 85 BPM, with a record of 91 BPM. High end of the "normal" range (60-100 BPM). After the first month of CICO my average had already dropped by about 10 BPM. Since then it's been a lot slower decline, but my new normal is about 70 BPM, and yesterday I saw my all-time lowest: 66 BPM!

Another thing I'm excited about is lack of stomach elasticity. I learned recently that when you go from eating excessively to eating small portions, your stomach (organ) doesn't actually shrink, it just becomes less capable of expanding to fit large amounts of food. On the one day per month that I let myself go over my calorie limits, I can't cram that much food in me. It's honestly a little frustrating when you've planned a day of Dionysian decadence for your birthday and you want to CONSUME MASS QUANTITIES! eat ALL the cheesecake! and your dumb tummy can't handle more than a few bites...it's going to take getting used to. But it's much easier to feel full with smaller portions, and I know this is good for me.

I'm over halfway to my initial goal of losing 100lbs! Hooray for the first law of thermodynamics!!

submitted by /u/1byteatatime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2E7PVeo

No comments:

Post a Comment