Friday, February 22, 2019

Lost 100 pounds and saved my life. I'm proof you can do this.

I just reached a milestone, so I thought I’d brag a little bit. Back in early February 2018 I went to see a doctor about possibly having weight loss surgery. I hadn’t been to a doctor in a long time, and of course the first thing they do is weigh you. Now, I knew I was a big boy, and I had a ballpark figure of what I thought I weighed, but when I stepped on that scale the number I saw was like a punch in the gut. It was my wake up call, aha moment, whatever you want to call it. I met with the surgeon and learned all the steps I’d have to take, including seeing my doctor once a month for the next six months, for my insurance to pay for the surgery. But, I couldn’t wait. I decided I was going to start loosing weight right then. I completely changed my diet. I followed a diet I found online called "5dayweightlossplan" and followed it to the letter. I also started being active. I went to the park everyday after school to walk. The first time I just walked a mile, and it almost killed me! But, I went back and it got a little easier each day. I eventually got up to walking 5 miles a days. All during this time I saw my doctor each month. The first month I lost 23 pounds, then 30 pounds the next. She even made me weigh twice that visit! I never weighed myself between visits. I just focused on the process. Each month I saw great results. Fast forward to today, I have joined a gym for the first time in my life and have loved working with a trainer and continue to walk everyday. This week when I weighed I had lost 100 pounds! I have done so well, I have decided not to have the surgery and to just keep on keeping on. I still have a long way to go, but I have absolutely loved this journey, and I’m excited for what’s to come in the next chapters of my fitness! I want to say thanks to my family, friends, and co-workers who have supported me, cheered me on, and loved me no matter what size I am!

submitted by /u/kellybaker7t6
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VewK9L

No comments:

Post a Comment