Friday, February 22, 2019

How did you set up your home to be more conducive to promoting weight loss, and healthier habits?

(Had to resubmit, accidentally hit "post" before I finished typing!)

I'm moving to my own place, and will be living by myself for real for the first time in my life (excluding dorm life in college). One of my greatest fears is creating an environment where it's easy to fall into old habits, or repeat unhealthy behaviors.

My current setup is not one that I created, as right now, I am living with my parents. The house is always filled with snacks and temptations, and every room is fitted with a comfy place to lay down and read a book. It's a large house, so it doesn't feel cozy, but at the same time, it's very easy to become very, very lazy, because you don't want to go up and down the stairs. I'm afraid that I have no earthly idea how to set up my new place to be a healthier environment, as I have never lived in a place like this before.

The condo I've purchased is a small one bedroom unit, with a decently sized living and dining area, a small ish kitchen, a modest bathroom, and a little porch. There's another little room that I plan to make into my personal library. It's under 1000 square feet, so I really don't have the space to bring in any workout stuff, given that I run a business out of my home, and that will take up a decent amount of space in the living area.

I gained about 30 pounds over the last few years after starting on the Depo Provera shot to treat endometriosis. Unfortunately, I've had a very difficult time losing that weight, despite counting calories, and working with a personal trainer with lots of strength training. I'm hoping that changing my environment, and creating a home where it's easier to follow good habits, might help me lose that weight.

(Female, 22, 5'6", currently weighing 145, goal weight 120)

So what did you do to make your home more conducive to weight loss? In the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, even at the front door, what changes to your home did you make to create a healthier, happier environment?

submitted by /u/avacash
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Tb2mzI

No comments:

Post a Comment