Saturday, February 23, 2019

I still feel as self-conscious as ever

Hi guys, I'm sorry for the long post but I'm honestly just feeling very overwhelmed, lost and don't know where else to seek advice. Over the past 1.5 years or so, I've managed to lose about 12.5kg (27lbs). I'm 161cm (5'3") and very much pear shaped. Most of my weight is carried in my thighs and it's the one place I truly struggle to lose it from. I also have a fair amount of cellulite on both the front and back of my thighs that doesn't seem to have improved at all with my weight loss.

A few positives: a lot of people have commented positively on my weight loss, I now fit into 'small' or size 8-10 (4-6 US) clothing, I'm at my lowest weight since year 9 or 10 of high school, and I'm the fittest I've ever been, thanks to regular cycling, dance, weight lifting and step classes.

However, while I try to remind myself constantly of how far I've come, I can't stop feeling super self-conscious of my thighs. Unfortunately, I don't have any proper 'before' photos to compare, but I see differences everywhere except my thighs. I dropped my original weight loss goal from 58kg to 56kg when I hit it because I still couldn't bear to look at them. I've now dropped my goal to 54kg, though I'm honestly not sure if that'll be enough. Any time I wear shorts now, I feel like people are still staring at my thighs. Every time I'm in a dressing room or lift, it's like there's a big invisible arrow pointing there and highlighting how awful they look.

Anyway, I'm meant to be swimming with friends tomorrow and I just tried on my bikini. While it still fits and my waist now looks really good in it, I can't stop looking at how horribly big my thighs are in comparison. All I can think of is sitting outside with everyone tomorrow and trying to find a way to cover up my legs so that everybody isn't staring at them.

I've tried affirmations, focusing on other goals, trying to tone up etc., but it all just seems to be a temporary fix or not do much at all. Do I just keep losing until I'm eventually somewhat happier with them? Does the self-consciousness ever fade? Any advice would be very, very much appreciated.

TL;DR: Lost a decent amount of weight and am now in the middle of a healthy BMI, but my thighs still have me as self-conscious about my appearance as I was at my original weight and I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.

submitted by /u/ynde92
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2E5AQdx

No comments:

Post a Comment