Wednesday, March 27, 2019

100 pounds of weight loss & still feeling insecure. (Support)

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here but I need some support. This community has been incredibly supportive and loving.

I'm a little disappointed right now. I've lost damn near 100 pounds but insecurity still lingers. At this point, it's not even my body. It still pops up every so often but now, it's just a feeling. It's hard to brush off because it materializes without anything to be insecure about. I'm not insecure about my body anymore. I had the confidence of a wet paper bag a year ago.

Now, it seems like it attacks my worth. I thought losing weight was fix this but I suppose that's silly. Now I feel like, sure. I'm healthier, I think I'm cuter. But what if I'm not interesting? Not enough? What if weight-loss doesn't change anything? I thought 95% of my self esteem related issues were because of how heavy I was. That's not true. I feel a LOT better but still feel like I'm lacking.

I have 6 pounds to go from 100. I hope that seeing my scale drop below 200 for the first time since I've been an adult will eat some of the insecurity up. I'm not sure how to fight the rest of this battle. I know how to keep losing weight but I don't know how to feel better mentally. I'm trying really hard to stay proud of my progress because I know if I let these insecurities get to me, I'll stop trying and gain the weight back.

submitted by /u/BabyGirlR
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FzWCXm

No comments:

Post a Comment