Friday, March 29, 2019

Slow progression over 6 years—down 85 lbs! A brief summary.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0AQLxxB

While the photo album (forgive the potato quality) spans 6 years (for the sake of highlighting my most out of shape to my most in shape), it is a little bit misleading; the real weight loss journey began 7 months ago. I weigh 175 lbs now, weighed 205 lbs 7 months ago, and 260 lbs in 2013. For my whole life I could either work out without regard to diet, or diet without regard to working out—never both at the same time. I won’t expand too much on the personal details of the story primarily because that’s the part I normally skip over in these posts. Here’s what got me my results:

  • Workout at least 3 days a week: push, pull, leg+ab days (4th day would be some cardio or miscellaneous exercises if I ever did a 4th day per week). Preworkout, creatine, and protein are the only things I take.

  • Low carb diet: eliminate breads, rice, pastas, sugary anything, etc. for 6/7 days per week. One cheat meal per week. A lot of salads and low carb smoothies. An article in the NYT inspired me to do low carb. Low carb also reduces chances of excess skin after weight loss, which is an important factor for me.

  • Intermittent fasting really tied everything together. The linked video is all it took for me to jump on board for a week and after I got through the first 3-5 days I never looked back. The benefits for me cannot be stated enough so much so that I’ll likely never not be doing intermittent fasting. I have one cheat day per week and I usually make it the night I take my low carb cheat meal (in case I want to go out with friends for an evening).

The biggest thing for me was getting my mind right since everything else flowed from there. It took years of trial and error to finally get in the zone but my persistence paid off. Feels good to finally be making this post after years of lurking. :)

submitted by /u/HarryPeratestiz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HNTf2N

No comments:

Post a Comment