Friday, March 29, 2019

Here we go again!

Hi Reddit!

Yesterday was my eighteenth birthday and today is my day one (for what feels like the millionth time).

A little bit about me: I’m a freshman in college and I’ve been overweight since middle school. A few years back, I was at over 200lbs (putting myself solidly in the obese category). After crying in the doctor’s office when she told me I should lose weight, I actually did. I ate less than 1000 calories per day and lost around 20 pounds in a short period of time. Now, I know how unhealthy that was, especially as a growing teen. Thanks to this sub, I know a lot more about sustainable weight loss and I’m ready to make real changes in my life. I am inspired by all of you!

For the last few years, I’ve hovered around 180. I’ve gained and lost 5 pounds a couple times, and I actually managed to get down to around 177 earlier this semester, but as of this morning, I weigh almost exactly what I did when I came to college seven months ago (183.4). I’m really happy I didn’t gain the dreaded freshman fifteen, but I would still like to get down to 160. I already track my calories and I know I have to either eat less or eat less calorie dense foods. I know what I need to do, but I have been putting it off, dealing with mental health issues, and using food as a crutch. But now, I am feeling great and I am ready to put myself first. I don’t need food to make me happy. I have reading and going for walks and calling my mom for that. I know this won’t be an easy journey, but I’m excited to become my best self.

Thanks for reading if you got this far! I hope to update this post every week to track my progress and keep myself accountable. Please share any advice or tips!

tldr: Lost 20 pounds and yo-yoed for a year. Looking to lose weight for real this time.

submitted by /u/punhead
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JPkUlK

No comments:

Post a Comment