Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Systems

I’ve realized that an important part of adult life is having systems in place to deal with the big “inputs” of life. For example, two of the big items/concepts that we have to deal with are time and money. Long ago, I adopted a system for dealing with time (Google Calendar + Wunderlist for to-dos) and money (Dave Ramsey’s Baby Steps + envelope system + online bill-pay). Now that those systems are in place, I would never *dream* of being without a system--if I ever decided to abandon those specific ways, it would only be to replace them with another system. Also, the systems I’ve got in place are successful while still being sustainable [I would be comfortable using my current systems forever].

This is not my first successful attempt at weight loss, but this is the first one where I’ve started to view food/drink as one of these big “inputs.” And I’ve got a system (LoseIt! app) that is successful and sustainable forever. Now that I’ve been tracking so consistently for three months, I’m getting to the point where I can’t imagine being “system-less” with this big input of my life, just like I can’t imagine being “system-less” with money or time.

And I also believe that our level of contentment in life is very closely correlated with our relationships with these big inputs: time, money, and food/drink.

I hope this has been helpful! Framing these big inputs in this way has certainly helped me!

submitted by /u/simplifykf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Fwdezt

No comments:

Post a Comment