Tuesday, March 26, 2019

I am the worst example of a first responder.

I am an 18 year old volunteer firefighter, and I'm also the fat guy. I am 6,1 and 260 pounds. The weight has caused some depression, and I also work in a restaurant so it is easy to cave in with a free burger every day. My weight prevents me from being the best firefighter I can be, and is a burden on everyone else even though no one talks about it. 75% of firemen die of a cardiac related issue and I have tried so many times to diet and lose weight. With my most successful attempt losing 20 pounds during a month in the summer. When summer ended I gained it all back. I need to find a routine that works for my lifestyle and all of my attempts have failed. How do I eat at the firehouse when everyone else goes to get fast food? How do I not eat a family sized bag of chips when I get home from school? How do I make it through a work day without eating a 1500 calorie meal? My job in the restaurant is physically demanding and on a busy day I may take 45k steps. How do I use this to my advantage to boost weight loss? My biggest issue is getting back on track after a "cheat day." Food is literally an addiction and I can't eat healthy for more than two weeks. I want to go paid Fire or Law Enforcement but I feel as if this will prevent me from doing so. This is my last chance to change. Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/ItsMoistOutside
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uCAGpL

No comments:

Post a Comment