Sunday, March 31, 2019

Anxiety when working out in public

I started my weight loss journey this week. I am very determined and feel like this time I will definitely succeed. Especially with the inspiration, motivation an support I will gain from Reddit. Today I felt absolutely amazing and full of energy, so I decided I wanted to go to the gym. And that's when I nearly had a panic attack. I wanted to try and do some running/walking to the gym, lift some weights and walk back.

I have never ran for anything in my life. Always used to skip gym class and just never really liked running, but read so many good things about it when it comes to mental health and of course weight loss. I walked a little untill I worked up the courage to run and started to slowly gain speed, while all of a sudden my mind started noticing how heavy I felt, I was afraid people would hear me stomping on the ground. Then I became extremely conscious about my breathing.. I didn't want people to see I was struggling so I'm holding my breath as I run. To top it off I all of a sudden got extremely shy because I felt like an idiot and as if everyone was watching me and judging me. I really almost had a panic attack and just returned home crying.

I am writing this so I hope people might recognize whatever was happening and maybe even have tips, because it really bothered me. I have experienced the same type of panic in the free weights section of my gym before, and it causes me to not doing anything at all.

Also, if anyone has great tips for people that are starting out with running I would appreciate it a lot. I am a total noob and have no stamina at all. Thanks a lot!

submitted by /u/GuiltyofMurder
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UkBrBZ

No comments:

Post a Comment