Tuesday, March 26, 2019

How to get Over a Horrible Plateau? Help!

Let me preface by saying that, to anyone who takes the time to share any advice, I appreciate it so much.

I’m a 24 year old female, 5’2, currently at 127 and have about 20 pounds left to lose. From age 15-20, I was always around 110, had a fast metabolism, and never had an issue with weight. I got pregnant with my first baby when I was 20, and gained 70 pounds, (yes, it’s horrible I know. Still confused as to why I gained so much when I didn’t eat that poorly). Since then, it’s been a struggle. I lost all of the weight around 11 months post partum, but gained another 30 pounds back due to stress eating and not attempting to eat healthy, and was at 140. Then, I got pregnant with my second child, gained another 40 pounds, and a couple weeks after delivery, I was left at 165. I was determined at that point more than ever to finally lose the weight and keep it off.

TL;DR - I never had a problem with weight and always stayed around 110, and then pregnancies ruined everything.

I started dieting in mid-August, and the results were pretty rapid. I quickly went from 165 to 150 or so, had a bit of a stall, but continued to slowly go down over the months until I reached 135. Since then, it’s been almost impossible to keep losing, the plateau started then, and has continued ever since. With more strict dieting, I lost another two pounds, and then my husband and I started Whole 30, and I’ve only lost about 6 pounds or so, despite almost being done with it. I’m now at 127, and no matter how little I try to eat, how healthy I eat, it doesn’t make any difference. Literally all we eat is chicken, pork, salad, and vegetables, (and sometimes ground beef), but yet it seems like I’m not losing anymore weight, or am losing incredibly slowly. I don’t understand why after losing 30-35 pounds, it’s so damn hard to keep going down. I exercise about two times a week, (should be more, I know), but I still have about 20 pounds to go, and at this rate, it will take forever to get there.

Is there anything I can do to encourage weight loss that I’m not already doing? Why is this plateau so extreme? I feel like this journey has been endless and I’ll never get to my goal. I will literally try anything at this point.

Thank you so much for any help given.

submitted by /u/purplelilly95
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2V0VAKM

No comments:

Post a Comment