Saturday, March 30, 2019

I maintained this week!

I was terrified to step on the scale all week. Last weekend I went to a three-day bachelorette weekend in Austin and felt like I ate and drank nonstop. This week has been particularly stressful at work, culminating in a 250 person party that I was mostly responsible for planning. There has been a lot of drinking and indulging around that and I gave myself permission not to count calories and just focus on treating myself ok. I had no free time for exercise. On top of it all, I’ve been on my period. It was stressful and I didn’t want my food to stress me out as well. So I didn’t. I let myself not worry but I also told myself not to eat when I was full and mostly I did not. The food I was eating was far from healthy but when I wasn’t hungry, at least I didn’t eat mindlessly.

But I told myself this morning after my run (a particularly bad two and a half mile run that I dragged myself through) I would step on the scale and assess the damage to prepare for next week. Lo and behold, I am the exact weight I was before I left for the weekend (158.6).

It’s a relief for a few reasons. First, because I can continue on without getting sidetracked, but more importantly: it’s a lesson in maintaining. Once I finally get to my goal weight, I know I can eat intuitively and until satisfaction and then stop. That’s AMAZING. My weight loss has been SLOW (it’s been almost eight months and I’ve only lost about 25lbs) but I think because of that, I have the skills to keep going and maintain once I get there.

Just wanted to celebrate that a bit. Now time to carry on and go back to CICO and exercise!

submitted by /u/quish
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Uejrta

No comments:

Post a Comment