Friday, March 29, 2019

Going on a cruise and wigging out a bit that I’ll lose progress.

I have lost 52 pounds since having a baby last April. I went from being between a size 16 to being in between a 10 and 12 at present. Getting all that weight off was a lot of work but totally necessary for me because of some back pain I was suffering from and being a mom and preschool teacher I just really need to be able to move fast, have high energy, and stand/crouch throughout the day. It’s made me a better mom and a better educator to my little students. Before losing all that weight I’d have hesitated to do messy art projects and sensory bins in class out of dread for the mess and chaos I’d have to manage. Now my kids go home exhausted from all the fun they have. Several of my students parents commented on my weight loss success after we put on a Spring Recital at the school this week and it felt so good to be on stage in front of a crowd and feel completely comfortable in my skin.

Next week I’m going on a cruise with my husband and two kids and I just want to relax after this year full of hard work and changes and not count calories and then just hit it hard when I get back home. Am I setting myself up for failure? Part of my success was breaking a bad sugar addiction by going cold turkey and treating it like a drug. I really would like to get to my goal weight and size 8 by the time I travel to Japan in September (don’t want to feel insecure at the onsens and would like to clothes shop some and stuff is capital-T Tiny there!). Thoughts? It’s my first cruise. Is all the food unhealthy on Carnival? Anyone have experience with that?

submitted by /u/frenchpressmess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U4HMT4

No comments:

Post a Comment