Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Took a break from weightloss while finishing my Masters, and now I'm back for Part II!

Hi loseit! I just wanted to start by saying that you have been a wonderful subreddit to lean on, lurk in and take a peak at on and off while I've been on a weight loss journey which started in January 2018 and has so far resulted in a 15lb loss. It was this subreddit that I used to build a foundation of good habits, accountability, and positive mental attitude geared towards the mantra that "it's a marathon, not a sprint". I've lost due to the usual suspects - CICO, C25K, cooking from scratch, logging EVERYTHING with MFP, getting a pedometer on my phone and developing some newish non-food hobbies (like embroidery!)

I'd say I've been maintaining for about 6 months and I am so much more comfortable in my body for it. My stats before losing were a 5' 3" woman at 179 lb, easily the heaviest I'd ever been after years of being fit and active. At 179lb I was struggling to get off the couch, roll out of bed, walk up short hills, climb stairs; general things that a 31 year old with no health conditions or disabilities should not be struggling with. Now I can climb 9 flights of stairs at work with relative ease, I average about 10,000 steps a day, and I've completed a 5k with minimal tears (lol).

The aim ultimately was to get down to about 11 stone (154lb) and see how I felt. This means I'm about 9-10 lb off this. The first 15lb have not been easy, but I've achieved them and a good maintenance. I'm now trying to build the same confidence and surety that I can manage the next 10lb. I've had a break of about 6 months actively trying to lose anymore because I had a dissertation to write and I needed to find a new job. I've recalculated my goals on MFP and assessed my TDEE and I know what I have to do, it's just building the conviction again that I can and will manage this. At the moment my brain is tricking me a bit into thinking the first 15lb were "easy" and the next 10lb will be impossible and I've reached my limit for weight loss. Which is not true, I know. But I'm back on here to lean, lurk and peak at the support and encouragement given out and maybe reach out for a little myself.

Thanks for being the community that you are. If you have any cheesy words of encouragement I'd love to hear them, and I hope you're all doing your own best.

submitted by /u/Art-Stew-Frou-Frou
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WlxACe

No comments:

Post a Comment