Thursday, March 28, 2019

What if I stay this way forever?

I have this irrational fear that I won't be able to lose more weight. I've always been a bit chubby, even as a child, so I've always wondered what I will look like if I lost the extra weight, but I also have no idea what my smallest body would be. Would I still be chubby? Is it possible that I could have a fit body, abs and all? Well there is only one way to find out. So I've been trying to lose weight on and off for about 3 years, took a break and had a second baby then got back on track about 8 months after. I've lost roughly 60 lbs since then (I can't even believe it sometimes because I'm still really big) and I am back at my lowest weight of my adult life at 240 lbs. I remember how quickly the weight was flying off when I initially started to lead a healthier lifestyle and now it seems much slower. I know that this is what typically happens during weight-loss, as well as plateaus, but I worry that this is the best it will be. I will try to be patient and not measure/weigh myself for two weeks, hopefully I will see some difference. I think my worries came from instagram but it's really taken a toll on me. I see so many women who have lost 100lbs or so and still have very large arms, or thick calves and I fear that after all my hard work I will not achieve my ideal body. I also saw a woman who showed a before/after where she was heavier in the after photo but was lean and curvy (still on the larger side) and I was shocked that regardless of her transformation she was still heavy. I don't mean to bring any shame, judgment, or negativity towards anyone but seeing such posts really hinders my motivation. I remind myself that everyone is different and I just have to try and see how it goes, but I STILL worry if there is something I could be doing/avoiding to help push me in the right direction. And don't get me started on my anxiety about loose skin. Just imagining spending that money on skin removal surgery makes my stomach turn. Just for the record, my weight loss goals aren't purely appearance based, I want to be able to run and have energy and be free! Looking good is a plus ✨Thanks to anyone who made it through this post. Not sure what I'm looking for but thought I could share.

submitted by /u/cherrytree95
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OtDvSQ

No comments:

Post a Comment