Thursday, March 28, 2019

8 week stall, but I'm more active than ever - Why this?!

I'm a 25 y/o, 5'7" woman. Eight weeks ago, I weighed 163 pounds (down from 210 at my highest,) my lowest weight in roughly five years. I got to that point by doing Jenny Craig to lose the first ~30, and then when I couldn't take it any more, going off JC and just trying to watch my calories and move more.

But I wasn't losing weight as consistently or as much as I'd like (for months and months I wouldn't lose any weight at all,) so eight weeks ago, I started the C25K running program in an attempt to get on a regular exercise schedule, build some endurance, and push myself.

I had never run before, and I didn't think I could do it - but I did! I graduated the program last night and I'm really proud. It's a NSV I never in a million years thought I'd see, and now my BF and I are registered to run the Disney Fall Feast 5k in November!

But here's the thing: in eight weeks, I didn't lose any weight at all. In fact, I'm nearly four pounds heavier than I was when I started, weighing in at 166.8 this morning.

I've read that when running for C25K, you're "not really running enough to make a difference" re: weight loss, but I just don't see how that could be. I'm running 4-5 times a week for 30-60 minutes at a time, burning 250-400 calories per workout. I'm trying to drink at least 96 oz of water daily. While my day-to-day calorie intake hasn't been incredibly consistent, I'm averaging about 1,400 calories per day, and I'm focusing on vegetables, fish, eggs and small amounts of whole grains.

Can anyone offer any insight? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be eating more or eating less, or if I'm simply not exercising enough somehow. My plan is to start trying to keep my daily calorie count closer to 1,200, but I don't even know if that's the right thing to do? I'm so frustrated.

submitted by /u/keelahselame
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WAku4j

No comments:

Post a Comment