Thursday, March 28, 2019

Lost more than I weigh right now. 317lbs

Sharing my story of weight loss. I started my journey at 534lbs. After trying every diet and consulting with my doctor i elected to have the weight loss surgery. 2 years later i was able to drop 317lbs and the ability to live the life ive always wanted to.

I knew going in that the wls wasn't a quick fix, but a tool. Ive had plenty of people around me that have gone down that route and have not been successful. For me, it was a chance to get back the life i wanted to live.

I couldn't tie my shoes, i couldn't shower correctly or use the restroom the right way and i knew it was time for a change.

I started with a Fitbit and set a goal of walking 10k steps a day. I did that for 6 week prior to starting a gym
membership. After 6 weeks i started on the cardio machines to get acclimated to the gym. After dropping the first 100lbs, i started doing strength training to tone the eventual extra skin i would have. I worked my way into loving the gym and going 6 days a week. 2 years later i was able to drop 317lbs and arrive at my current weight of 217lbs. My focus now has been on body fat percentage. After my latest InBody 230 scan i'm sitting at 12% BF. I do have extra skin around my midsection and eventually im looking to have the skin surgery

My eating habits changed drastically. It wasn't about cutting out all food and starving myself, but eating the right food. I focus now on high protein with minimal sugar and carbs. I stay away from processed food and i try to buy organic and non gmo where available.

Typical Breakfast: Eggs,Cheese and chopped meat with sauce or Oats soaked in liquid protein with blueberries

Typical Lunch: Chicken breast and small vegetables or Frozen pre-made meal prep dish

Dinner: Quest Pizza, Zucchini ravioli and low carb tortilla wraps

submitted by /u/dusty_lost_300lbs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U5DnPs

No comments:

Post a Comment