Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Need help supporting gf

Hi all, my gf is doing a very low cal (800cal) dr monitored 6week weight loss program. We’re 1wk in and we’re flirting with her years long plateau weight. She has to weigh herself everyday (which is already a little dicey) and today she was up a pound. She’s understandably upset and swears “this is just how my body is” and stuff.

Any advice for guys navigating being supportive in this situation. I don’t have the same weight loss needs as her but I follow the diet foods but just eat like 1,800cal a day. I told her we’ve got 5 more weeks and she may not lose 40lbs but she will def lose the 20 to smash the plateau. Weighing everyday is just going to have ups and downs. Stick to the plan.

There’s elements of fatalism (<this could be a pun), self hatred, despair. All the normal things I think. Also, I don’t know much about this, but I think there might be some “time if the month” stuff affecting her lack of weight loss etc

submitted by /u/DrHotballs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OtuA3L

No comments:

Post a Comment