Monday, March 25, 2019

Trying to loseit is putting a strain on my relationship :(

I don't know if this is the right sub to put this in, but I just need motivation and advice :(

SW: 89kg/196lbs CW: 68kg/150lbs GW: 66kg/145lbs

I've been doing weight loss on and off since 2014, and now I'm down to the last few pounds until my goal weight, which will put me at 24.9 BMI. Last year, around February, I started doing CICO and lost almost 8kgs in around 4 months. But since July, I've maintained at 67-68kg/148-150lbs. Given, I didn't do CICO as religiously anymore, and because I started dating my current SO so there was a lot of eating out happening.

Now, the SO gained a few pounds since then, and he wants the two of us to lose weight together. He's very sporty - loves running, soccer, badminton, hiking; and while I like hiking, I cannot get myself to run (the 30-minute duration of doing and thinking nothing except "Go on the next step!" is torture for me). So I go the CICO and yoga route. But now: it's not working. I lose a pound the first week, only to gain it back the next. And now, my frustration on not losing weight is being released, unfortunately, on the SO.

The worst part is that he's losing weight quickly. He is so motivated - he runs almost daily and barely eats dinner. So when he gives me news of losing a pound, I'm happy but it tears me apart. Why can't I do it like him? Am I lazy? Am I hopeless?

It also sucks that he wants to push me to lose until I reach mid-range of BMI, stating that it's easy to fall back into being overweight if I choose to sit on the edge. He's probably right, true. But I want to lose weight happily, if that makes sense. I don't want to do weight loss in a way that I end up crying about food I am not able to eat.

I'm really tired, and I honestly don't want to resent the SO, especially since he only has our best interests in mind. Also, yes. We have talked about this. He has told me that I can stop if I want to: but I feel that if he gets fit while I stay in a rut, I'll be more resentful.

So, I guess, what I want to know is if, this time, to loseit is worth it?

submitted by /u/melukia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ub650C

No comments:

Post a Comment