Monday, March 25, 2019

So frustrating!!!

Does anyone else just get so frustrated that you don't know where to turn to without making a scene? I am one week in my weight loss journey, and a little over ten pounds down. Most of that it water weight, but I am still feeling better and building better habits. I started this journey for my health, and that is what is partially causing my frustrations today:

You see, my roommate is a drug addict. But not the seedy drug addict that everyone knows has a problem, that would be too easy. My roommate is the drug addict that everyone thinks is fun, but no one ever sees her when she's "not fun." We share a single bedroom in a dormitory, no more than five feet apart at all times.

She's been stealing my healthy groceries, ruining my exercise clothing by using it as vomit rags (apparently you can throw up if you smoke too much weed, who knew?), and trying to sabotage my weight loss by comparing it to her "totally real" eating disorder. No, she does not have an eating disorder; she changes what she "has" every week, but has never been to a doctor to receive any diagnosis. I believe she just does it for sympathy. This roommate of mine has been telling our mutual friend group that my blood work is a sham, and that I just want to lose weight to look like her. (That is not true, and even if I wanted to, I am nine inches taller than her. To look like her I would have to cut off my legs up to my shins!)

I am exercising more and eating better to lower my cholesterol and strengthen my body so that I can live a long, happy life; losing weight is secondary in my mission, but a perk. Now my friend group is trying to respectfully ask me to share my motivations, but they don't seem to trust me with my answers. I am about one politely phrased question away from blowing up in everyone's face.

Honestly, I can't wait for the day that I am successful in my health and fitness journey, and she's too doped out to even know left from right.

TL;DR: Druggie roommate is sabotaging my weight loss by telling our mutual friend group I am copying her eating disorder, which she does not have/changes every week. My friends are now constantly asking me if I am actually exercising/eating better/losing weight to be healthy, and I am close to losing my mind. I can't leave my dorm because it is too late in the semester for a room change.

Edit: spelling

submitted by /u/iamwritingathesis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U9kASJ

No comments:

Post a Comment