Saturday, March 30, 2019

Vanity weight/skinny fat can’t keep committed

Alrighty, so I know I’m not obese or anything. I’m 5’6 and 130 lbs which sounds reasonable, however, I have an EXTREMELY high body fat percentage. According to my last DEXA scan, I have 32% body fat which puts me one point away from being obese as far as fat percentage goes.

Now, to my issue. Because I’m technically normal weight, I have the hardest time motivating myself to lose weight/be healthy. I’ll do great all week (~1400-1500 cal, TDEE is around 1900) and then every weekend I’ll go WAY over and wipe out my deficit.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation where you’re unhealthy but since you’re just skinny fat you’re not super invested in weight loss? Any ideas how to motivate yourself? I want to lower my body fat percentage to be healthier but I just keep screwing up!

Edit to add that I do lift weights 4X/week and have for a couple years and haven’t seen any progress in my body composition. I guess I’m just feeling like nothing will ever work as far as that goes so I might as well try to lose the fat vs gain muscle

submitted by /u/tswizzle1322
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ucn2sE

No comments:

Post a Comment