Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Maintenance is hard. Or: coming back to health/fitness after regaining lost weight

Guess I’m just venting. It’s hard to not feel down on myself because I’ve been here before: tight pants, soft middle, out of shape. I started working out and eating healthy, I learned to cook, I found a fitness community, I tried new workouts and found my routine. I spent years getting healthy, and then I spent years “not caring.”

I got caught up in injuries (from overtraining), a new and stressful (but awesome) job, focusing on buying/renovating my home, and admittedly, some depression.

And now I feel like I’m back at the beginning again, but somehow it feels a bit worse because I know I threw away my progress and lapsed into laziness and bad eating habits. (Which worries me that I’ll never be able to FULLY change my eating habits, and I’ll spend years “dieting” and years “not.”)

Glad to be back, and glad to use reddit this time (documented my weight loss previously on Instagram which opened me to tons of MLMers trying to sell wraps and tea and soooo much negativity)

:)

submitted by /u/phoebe-buffey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U7V7ct

No comments:

Post a Comment