Tuesday, March 26, 2019

I gained 50 pounds because food is the only thing that makes me happy for a short period every day

I've tried almost everything under the sun to begin losing the weight but the core problem remains and tips the scales back up. No matter what diet I try, what combination of diet and exercise (and believe me, I have tried ALL of them), calorie restriction, scheduled cheat day, pills, meal replacement shakes, doctor's visits, and even cutting up my debit card, I end up eating to distract myself and make myself feel better for a few moments throughout the day. I guess it's added up to 50 pounds and counting now.

I didn't notice I had gained weight and thought I was more or less eating the same as always. Similarly, in 2014 I was 175 pounds and dropped to 140 without noticing. I stayed at 140 until 2018, then ballooned up to almost 200 again without noticing. Since I have no idea what I did to lose weight the first time, I don't even know where to begin.

I started looking back on the past year and figured I must have begun eating more, and when I began trying to lose I could never keep the weight off because food is the only thing that keeps me slightly sane during the day. A lot of times food is the only thing I live for, and the only happiness I can grab at. I can control almost nothing in my life other than what I eat, so I hyper control that. No weight loss method sticks because without comfort food, I feel suicidal. Just a few minutes of eating and I don't feel like I want to die. I'm miserable most of the day and eating yummy junk food is all I have.

It sounds pathetic, but I think that's why I am where I am. I don't know how to successfully lose this weight, and now I feel even worse as the physical effects are becoming more and more noticeable. I don't want to be fat. Help?

submitted by /u/BondSavingsBond
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FBFxMG

No comments:

Post a Comment