Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Weigh yourself every day at the same time even if you are making no progress or negative progress

I have been weighing myself every single morning using the same bathroom scale (unless I am on vacation or sleeping elsewhere besides my own home). My routine is to get out of bed, use the bathroom, and then weigh myself wearing only my underwear.

From September 2016 to March 2017 I went from 245 lbs to 210 lbs. Since then I have mostly maintained between 210 and 220 lbs (which is not a healthy weight at all considering I am a 24 year old male who is 5'10", or 178 cm). However in the last couple of months my weight has skyrocketed back to around 235 lbs. How did this happen? Mostly a combination of constantly lying to myself and telling myself I will "start to lose weight again tomorrow". Of course, I also ate extremely poorly. However, I still weighed myself every morning.

Here is what my weight loss graph looks like over the last 3 years: https://imgur.com/a/Z2KCCir

My point is that you should try and always hold yourself accountable. I have made a huge mistake gaining all of this weight back. Now I need to start to lose it once more. It's crazy how much of a difference an extra 10-15 lbs makes.

Weigh yourself at a consistent interval even if you are gaining weight. That way you will be able to see your long term progress. It's a huge motivator looking back and seeing what I was able to do in terms of weight loss back in late 2016.

We can do this!

submitted by /u/wiob
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UdYpuH

No comments:

Post a Comment