Friday, March 29, 2019

Lost 15 pounds by not eating out nearly as often for a month

Found out 20 mins ago after a couple months of apathy towards weight loss. To kinda give my story During high school I usually weighed around 230 pounds at a height of 5'11 I never really got picked on allot in high school but I did and still do lack self esteem. I maintained this weight up until my first semester of uni where I got hit with having to fend for myself and not being able to go through a case of coca cola every week and lost around 20 pounds. I tried going even further below that weight after looking up the bmi scale but struggled to get any skinnier so I mostly just gave up. Fast forward to the start of march and my budget was a bit smaller this month due to having to pay back a few people so instead of my usual eating out once or twice a week which would entail a burger chain one day and pizza on the weekend I could only really afford to eat out a couple of times this month without killing my grocery budget. So as opposed to other months my eating out adventures were limited to a couple trips to subway one of which was yesterday and ice cream once. While I wouldn't say my diet was at an overall healthy standard mostly comprising homemade burgers and perogies with a couple frozen pizzas couple days of the week I guess that was just enough to get me to drop from hovering around 205 pounds to 190 since I looked in the mirror wondered why my gut looked smaller took out my scale and low and behold I reached a weight I haven't weighed since I was a child. I guess it really goes to show how much a little diet change can help even if it was motivated by lack of a funds as opposed to self control. I still got a fair bit to go towards my goal weight of 160(Or at least enough that I dont feel self conscious anymore) but im 40 pounds lighter than a year ago and I actually thought my body looked decent as opposed to disgusting for once and I consider that a pretty big win.

submitted by /u/Falketh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WvXDGL

No comments:

Post a Comment