Monday, March 25, 2019

I went shopping

This past weekend, I decided I was finally okay with starting to replace items in my wardrobe since I am close to my goal weight. It was something I had been planning for several weeks and also dreading for many reasons, money, potential fitting room meltdowns, general laziness etc.

I started with my workout leggings. They are the one piece of my wardrobe that are way too big for me now, extremely worn, and just not comfortable to wear. They were purchased on a whim about 3 years ago at the very beginning of my journey. Like most people, I thought the key to weight loss was exercise. So not only was I trying to replace them but I was also trying to buy something of quality. I did a lot of research and watched tons of reviews on different brands until I had a list of places I wanted to go try some on at. To be honest, I took so much time doing research to put off going to the store and having to try stuff on. I like most of us here, am still not mentally adjusted to my new dimensions so things like trying on clothes, is still a challenge for me.

Friday came around and I found myself at the mall with my mental list of places to check out. That familiar panic started to set in as I thumbed through the racks of leggings that I was interested in. My kneejerk reaction was to grab an Extra Large in each one that I was interested in, so that's what I did, mentally preparing myself that they wouldn't fit or just wouldn't look good. I lined up for a fitting room and tried on the first pair, they didn't fit, but not for the reason that I had thought. They were too big. It had to be a mistake, a fluke, vanity sizing, but there was no way it wasn't my size. I tried the next and the one after that until I got the end. All too big. I peeked out of the fitting room and asked the attendant for a smaller size. It was the first time that had ever happened to me, and let me tell you, it felt damn good. All of hard work, all of the moments where I felt I couldn't do it, all of the moments where I cried because I wished I was "naturally skinny", all of the moments I spent hating that I had to try hard to lose weight, just melted away. My journey was looking me right in the face as I slipped on that size Medium and it was a perfect fit.

I was ready to be disappointed this weekend, but now I'm more motivated than ever to pull myself to the finish line. It's true when they say that nothing tastes as good as fit feels. I ended up with 3 pairs and I can't wait to break them in!

submitted by /u/smolprogrammer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TAaGVK

No comments:

Post a Comment