Monday, March 25, 2019

I never tried calorie tracking before. I was wrong.

I've always known weight loss is mostly as simple as "consume less than you burn." Yet, everytime I tried, it just didn't work. Stubborn as I was, I refused to measure my food and track my calories, thinking I knew better than reality.

One week in of tracking calories and, guess what? I did not know better. I never realised how much food I was eating, how many calories I was drinking, how that extra tablespoon of a condiment added up over time. I knew it, sort of, I just never realised it.

My obsession with food is different too. Instead of eating all I can, I get excited about smaller bites. I don't grab what I want anymore, I go: "Oh, but if I buy these walnuts instead of the chips, I'll feel fuller whilst consuming less, meaning I can have a drink when I get home!" and then log the walnuts.

I haven't weighed myself yet, because I wanted to build up a bit of a routine first. But the difference in which I'm looking at food is already amazing. Next step: to buy a kitchen scale for proper measuring!

submitted by /u/wordlesser
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UTr5pN

No comments:

Post a Comment