Monday, March 25, 2019

Buy bigger clothes!

I know it sounds counterintuitive but if you've gained some weight try buying bigger clothes. I gained about 20 lbs but could still squeeze into my old wardrobe. I refused to buy bigger clothes in the beginning because I was determined to lose the weight. Why buy bigger clothes when I would soon be able to properly fit into my smaller clothes again?

Squeezing into clothes that were too small for me was really demoralizing though. Everything was squished, spilling out, and just really uncomfortable. It just made me feel huge and frumpy. These negative feelings really hindered my weight loss and I would have mini pity parties for myself everytime I got dressed.

I finally bought a few key items that really fit me and it changed my mindset! I feel great when I get dressed now! I no longer feel frumpy and that has motivated me to take care of my body even more. I realized its about loving the body I'm currently in, even if it's still a work in progress. Pity parties are terrible for your mindset! Attack weight loss with acceptance and patience for yourself. In the meantime, theres nothing wrong with feeling fabulous while carrying some extra chub. Feel good about yourself and it will motivate you to continue caring for yourself. That's what is working for me right now anyways :)

submitted by /u/Hobo_shower
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ue3UJC

No comments:

Post a Comment