Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Faster weight loss with pcos; a desperate plea

Hi everyone,

I’m in my early 30’s, 5’4, about 180 lbs. I’ve been as heavy as 216, and since reaching adulthood, as light as 140. I’m getting married in August. I just want to lose 20 lbs before then. I’ve been using Noom and my fitness pal, I’ve been eating low carb and low sugar, I’ve been eating about a thousand calories a day—weekdays are a protein shake for breakfast and lunch, two handfuls of nuts and two green apples as snacks, chicken breast with feta cheese and cucumber and tomatoes for dinner or ground chicken breast with curry powder, siracha, and tablespoon of pb2 served over spinach, a little sugar free dark chocolate for dessert and a glass or red wine if I have the calorie budget. I do about 20 minutes of weights and 35 minutes of elliptical on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, the same with an hour of elliptical on Friday and Saturday. On weekends I let myself eat about 1500 calories, which is usually a huge bowl of oatmeal, a big salad, some cheese and cold cuts, and a small portion of a full-fat dessert.

My weight loss is just... so slow. I’ve only lost about twelve lbs in four months. I just went on vacation and let myself drink too much alcohol and eat and despite walking 8-12 miles daily, I can tell I’ve gained weight and I spent my morning crying because I feel like I look like a disgusting ogre in every photo I’m in. I want to make it clear that I see other fat women who look gorgeous and sexy. I dress well and flamboyantly but I am not a very attractive woman and being fat accentuates that. I know beauty isn’t everything, but I have liked the way I’ve looked before. I am terrified of my wedding photos being hideous and I’m just under three months away.

I have PCOS and take 100 mg of metformin a day. I generally have low blood pressure and am not at risk for diabetes so doctors won’t let me take more. I have a history of disordered eating and spent my teen years eating mostly heads of iceberg lettuce and black coffee.

I need help. Nothing seems to work now. I live in a Baltic country as a teacher (I’m American) and doctors say I just need to eat less and exercise more and there aren’t really nutritionists I can consult. I don’t know how else I can cut corners— I teach and my job is demanding and exhausting and I literally collapse into bed every night after forcing myself to work out.

Can anyone with PCOS help me set up with a plan that worked for them? I just feel so hopeless and sad right now. My only hope wedding-wise is that my best friend is making my dress and it’s a simple enough design that she can do it in a matter of days so I can cover my arms if needed, but I just hate seeing myself right now. Please help.

submitted by /u/Pcosohnoes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WiPVQO

No comments:

Post a Comment