Thursday, May 2, 2019

Heads Up For Anyone on Their Weight Loss Journey from my Doctor on Your Gallbladder

It's 4:30am where I am and I'm incredibly uncomfortable in bed. 12 hours ago, I got my gallbladder removed. I have a pillow fort around me and have taken my pain medicine, but there is only so much I can do right now.

When my pain started about a month and a half ago, I went to the urgent care for horrible pain in my right side that at the time I thought was my appendix. After an abdomen ultrasound, it turned out to be gallstones and a HIDA scan showed a barely functioning gallbladder. I asked my doctor as she was telling me that I was likely headed for surgery to have it removed, what could have caused these gallstones. Was it something I was eating? Was it something I was not eating due to my calorie counting?

My doctor said to me that one of the main reasons that people tend to get gallstones is losing a lot of weight in a short amount of time. In my case I lost 65 pounds in about a year at 5'0. She said that it's likely that cutting out a lot of fat in my diet could be a reason. Another reason is that, being a female, women are more likely to get them than men.

I wanted to share all of this with you because while I am very happy about the weight I have lost, it has had some unpleasant and unwelcome side effects that hopefully people can look out for.

submitted by /u/dinosaursrawk15
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GRh86F

No comments:

Post a Comment