Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Just 16 lbs away from my 2019 goal!

I just wanted to share that I recently got on the scale and officially down 35 lbs since the fall of 2017. I know this is not nearly the weight loss that many post about here, but I am so happy that for about 18 months I have managed to slowly take off weight, be more active, and never feel I was "starving", and even more importantly not gain anything back!

I've lost a lot of weight quickly in my adult life, and rebounded more times than I care to admit. This time around I kind of just ran with an unexpected weight loss- I was hospitalized in the ICU with sepsis and pneumonia- I had never been so sick in my life and I lost about 10 lbs. My appetite never really returned (at least not quickly), so once I started to get better I just decided to just try to maintain that 10 lb loss.

Then I realized I could probably start slowly losing weight by making very small changes that didn't really feel like changes. I made sure I walked the dog for longer periods of time. I eat smaller dinners. I struggle with binge eating disorder and have had slip ups, but the binges are smaller and I just move past them instead of mentally beating myself over it (with the help of therapy). Any change I made that was going to be successful had to not feel overwhelming- I knew from experience anything that felt like deprivation would turn into a disaster for me.

For the first time in my life, an approach is working for me. I have a LONG way to go, and my ultimate goal is just to have a BMI in the 30s, but for now I am just working on 25 total pounds for 2019. I have 16 more to go, and it's only May. This makes me so happy!

I have lurked here FOREVER, wondering how in the world I could ever achieve any weight loss. Then over the weekend I realized I had made positive change with maintenance for the longest time ever in my life. Sure, it's super slow, but it's in the right direction. So if you are where I was before I started this, feeling like you have so much weight to lose there is just no way it could happen, you're wrong. And I'm not a spring chicken- I'm a 43 year old woman- it's possible even with middle aged biological battles!

submitted by /u/cats-quilts
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Q3gib2

No comments:

Post a Comment