Thursday, May 9, 2019

Struggling to choose between Keto and a "traditional" diet

I'm 19-years-old, 6 feet(183 cm) , fairly slim(170 lbs/77 kg), and semi-active. Lately, I've started keto because I wanted to get rid of my annoying love handles. And I've noticed the change too as my waistline is getting slimmer as in just a few days I'm able to comfortably fit into old pairs of size 30 pants (was previously a size 32). But, I've also started biking for 2-3 hours a day 4-5 days a week and confused whether or not my weight loss can be attributed to my diet or exercise or both. And also if it's even necessary for me to be in keto if I'm as active as I am right now.

Furthermore, A little over a week into this diet and I still feel drained and sluggish. And this sluggish feeling is felt when I go out on bike rides as sometimes I end up not having the energy to complete a ride or making a ride feel long and mentally torturous when it would have otherwise been long and, yet, mildly demanding on my body.

Sometimes, I find even going out or getting out of bed to be even more difficult than it already is. My body feels fatigued when I get up and even after I've eaten my "keto" breakfast which has been consisting of eggs bacon and a whole avocado I still have this feeling of mental and physical fatigue as if my "life force" was drained.

My main concern:

It's quite a common thing to say that a combination of both diet and exercise can be attributed to overall weight loss. With this, I was wondering if I can still achieve this same effect of weight loss if I stuck to a "Traditional" diet. consisting of all foods, carbs, fats, protein, etc. As opposed to the strictly fat-based diet that is keto.

And apologies if I'm a bit too vague on my definition of a "traditional" diet. Being specific in my demands isn't a speciality of mine, so if there's something you need me to clear up or specify please ask and I'll respond as quickly as I can.

submitted by /u/ZO1D_B3RG
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JtK1Zt

No comments:

Post a Comment