Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Alcohol & Weight Loss

Hi- I was hoping to hear from this group about your experience with Alcohol & Weight Loss.

My husband and I have always been “drinkers” I guess, not huge binge drinkers but the kind that have a beer or glass or wine with 75% of our dinners and have 2-4 almost every Friday and Saturday night.

Since I began focusing on weight loss, I’ve been treating alcohol like everything else I consume, either cutting back on portions or finding lower calorie “healthier” alternatives (ex. Vodka/Soda instead of craft beers or wine). I always track calories for alcohol (though sometimes I’m not confident of the accuracy because I feel like wine is so hard to find stats for).

I’m not opposed to cutting out alcohol for a month of so (plan to do this in January anyway). I’ve also considered cutting it out Sunday-Thursday but allowing it Friday/Saturday. But a lot of what I’m reading is about making changes that you can maintain the rest of your life, not just temporarily, based off of our lifestyle/hobbies/friends I don’t think going cold turkey will be the best long term.

Do you have any other strategies that work for you? Or what has been your experience in general?

Just interested to hear from this group in general!

submitted by /u/boatbuck
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QgiApw

No comments:

Post a Comment