Monday, November 18, 2019

Being villianized for trying to lose weight

I’ve lost just over 23kg/50lb since starting my weight loss journey in July, and last week I finally got my first comment on my loss from my mum. It was kind of offhand and seemed supportive but I brushed it off because I didn’t anticipate how uncomfortable I would feel in that moment.

Now she seems to have changed her tune, and acts like me losing weight is pressuring her into also losing weight. When I reject foods or chose healthier options she scoffs and when I ate a chocolate biscuit the other night (that I had budgeted for!) she called me out on it as if it was goddamn illegal for me to eat a biscuit.

I feel like I’m being villianized for trying to better myself, and that my mum is taking me losing weight as a personal attack. I don’t know what to do with this. Has anyone gone through something similar? Advice would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/landunce
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XptUkJ

No comments:

Post a Comment