Saturday, November 9, 2019

Documenting my reasons for wanting to lose weight to try to keep myself motivated

I'm female, 23 years old, currently ~198 pounds. I started somewhere around 210 pounds, the heaviest I'd ever been. I first logged my weight at 205 on October 22. The last time I tried to lose weight was in 2017, when I started around 195 and got to 175 before falling off the bandwagon when my life kind of fell apart.

I've never been a healthy weight. I was a chubby toddler, reached a point of almost being healthy around age 8 after a growth spurt, but I've never had good habits. I hit my adult height at age 12, and I estimate I was about 140 pounds at that time. I've gone up and down since then, but I've gained ~5 pounds per year on average since then.

I'm tired of it. I've struggled with anxiety and depression (not weight-related, to my knowledge, but you never know) my entire life. I always feel better when I feel in control of aspects of my life, and I've never felt in control of my weight. I always expect to see progress immediately and fall off the bandwagon when I don't. This time I'm making a conscious effort to realize that I put this weight on over the course of more than a decade, I won't be able to take it off overnight.

To try to keep myself motivated, I want to list the reasons I want to lose the extra weight:

  • I want clothing to fit. I want to be able to fit into a large shirt instead of XL/XXL. I want the majority of dresses to be manufactured in my size and not have to look for the few made in size 18-20. I want jeans to stay up despite the fact that I have no hips.
  • I want to stop looking like an inverted triangle (broad shoulders, broad waist, narrow hips).
  • I want to be able to run without destroying my joints. I want to be able to have a conversation after climbing stairs without having to stop to catch my breath. I want to feel strong again and have muscle definition.
  • I want to comfortably fit into an airplane seat without feeling like I'm hogging the armrests!
  • I want to see if weight loss has a significant effect on my sleep apnea, blood pressure, anxiety, and terrible periods.
  • I want to stop hating having my photo taken.
  • I want to get my belly button pierced.
  • I want to lose the fat in my face so short haircuts are flattering on me.
  • I want to find bras that fit that don't cost a small fortune.
  • I don't want to have a heart attack at 30 or develop diabetes.
  • I want to feel confident enough to eventually start dating.
  • I want to be able to hike even a small mountain without feeling like I'm going to pass out.
  • I want to be able to chase my dogs around the yard.

In no particular order, of course. 😂

submitted by /u/blue_arrow_comment
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WXgM5S

No comments:

Post a Comment