Thursday, November 7, 2019

For those who started slightly overweight or at the upper end of healthy, how did you choose your goal weights?

I’ve seen a lot of posts talk about setting their weight loss goals to be at the upper end of a healthy BMI. While that’s very reasonable for many, that’s where I started my journey, and I knew it wasn’t normal or healthy for me to be 150+ lbs.

I was "healthy" by BMI standards, but I was very sedentary (relative to a few years ago), and drinking more than I should. My journey can largely be considered vanity weight (especially to a lot of posters here who have 100+ lbs to lose and life-threatening conditions to battle). I have a relatively small frame and basically weighed around 120-130 lbs until college.

I initially chose 125 lbs as my goal because it was approximately the weight I had been at for most of my life. Now that I’m literally within 1 lb of my goal, I find myself wanting to get to 125 merely for the sake of saying “I did it”, which really isn’t a good reason (I already feel great, love the way I look in clothes, etc.).

So, for those of you who started slightly overweight or at the higher end of healthy, how did you choose your goals? Did you ever re-evaluate? If so, when/why? How did you decide if or when you wanted to shift over to toning/recomping (I switched from cardio 5x/week to strength training 3x/week and cardio 2x/week about 2 months ago)?

submitted by /u/lunaneko_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33owPwc

No comments:

Post a Comment