Monday, November 11, 2019

I came back from vacation last Tuesday surprised to find I had actually lost 2 lbs during the week I was gone!

(26F 5'3" SW: 211 CW: 195)

During the week leading up to Halloween, my husband and I went on vacation to Las Vegas and were away for 6 days. I told myself I was going to try my best to log the food into MyFitnessPal while I was away, but I also tried to make the resolution that if I forgot to log a few things, it would be fine. I just had to try.

And I did try. I know I didn't log every meal, but I made sure I had at least one meal logged each day that I was in Vegas to the best of my ability. But I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised that I still lost weight while I was away considering the fact that we walked SO MUCH on our trip. My main format of exercise during my weight loss journey so far has been making sure I get at least 10,000 steps in a day, so I guess the amount of walking around Vegas we did ended up just continuing my process. For context, on one of the last days we were gone, I hit a bit over 40,000 steps, or an equivalent of somewhere around 15 miles that day.

So, I guess what I'm trying to express is that vacation doesn't have to automatically mean a hindrance to your progress, but it's absolutely ok to give yourself a break. I still drank probably too much while I was away, and a lot of the food I did eat was definitely not the healthiest option, but it ended up still working out. Everyone's journey is different, and we all have to do what feels best for us personally. I'm trying, just like all of us are, and that's what's most important.

submitted by /u/phantomthiefkatet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33DR7BW

No comments:

Post a Comment