Sunday, November 10, 2019

I couldn't do a push-up so I cried

I'm at the very beginning of my weight loss journey and just started this online program about a good week ago.

I am serious about it this time. I lost weight a couple of times before (about 20 kg/ 45 lb or something at most) but it wasn't in a healthy way and I gained it back as I wasn't changing my lifestyle and emotional binging tends to get the best of me. I just moved to study for my Masters and I joined a meditation group and I'm going to get counseling (unfortunately the appointment is still a while to go). So I am working on my mental health as well.

In my program they have a fitness test to see the level you are at and while knowing I'm not fit I somehow expected a miracle. I couldn't do a single push-up (not even on my knees because I can't get down all the way) and I couldn't do a single proper sit-up. So I cried.

While I know it'll get better the more active I get, I still feel so disappointed in myself. I can't believe I'm that bad. I still get very upset just thinking about it. I hope this the right place the vent about it.

submitted by /u/res_ch_en
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Cx3T9g

No comments:

Post a Comment