Monday, November 11, 2019

My first plateau: how do you coach yourself through it?

Hi all! I'm back on the CICO train and was feeling really good until this morning, when I accepted that I'm in my first plateau. What words of advice, encouragement, and understanding do you give yourself when you're in the same boat?

Things I'm doing right

  • following CICO

  • eating under my TDEE every day

  • logging everything into MFP

  • increasing exercise (although building good diet habits is my main focus right now)

Things I know

  • I've lost 9 pounds this past week; that is both a lot of progress and also a lot of bloating/water weight (it's easier to lose early)

  • Rapid weight loss isn't healthy or sustainable

  • I will continue to lose weight as long as I continue working at it

  • Plateaus happen; be patient

submitted by /u/temporary-human
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qJkvba

No comments:

Post a Comment